We may not wear fabulous red capes or have incredible super powers, but our dogs sure treat us like we do. Here’s how:
1. They get excited about the smallest things.
Walk in the front door? Yay! High-five? Just as exciting! Trash bag blowing in the wind? Seriously the scariest thing that’s ever happened, thank God you’re there to protect them.
2. They help us spread joy to others.
Making others happy is such a satisfying feeling. If you’ve ever spent time doing volunteer work with your therapy dog or simply put a smile on a friend’s face by having them meet your dog, you know what we mean.
3. They make us better versions of ourselves.
In our physical traits, our personality traits, and just overall people.
4. They make us the popular kid on the playground.
How many new people have you made from walking your dog through the neighborhood or bringing them out for an afternoon around town? When you have a cute fluffy pup by your side, everyone wants to be your friend.
5. They celebrate anything and everything we do.
Whenever you’re happy, they’re happy.
6. They shower us with unconditional love.
Even if you’ve just scolded them for ripping up your furniture, they’re all licks and tail wags mere seconds later.
7. They give us a reason to wake up every day.
Slobbery wet kisses (and creepy glances) aside, they give us a purpose that we’re passionate about. And that’s really what the whole meaning of life is, isn’t it?
8. They make us feel like we can do anything.
If they can power through life’s obstacles with a huge smile on their face, then we can, too.
9. They have unending appreciation for the great lengths we go to for them.
Dogs just have that sixth sense, knowing exactly how much love we pour into caring for them. And it means the world to them.
10. They bring order to our lives.
They love routine, and that’s a huge benefit for many of us to incorporate into our lives!
11. They motivate us to work harder so we can give them better lives.
Money in the bank means an extra trip to the doggy spa. (And the human spa.)
12. All it takes is one word to get their tails wagging.
For most it’s simply, “Treat?” Other hits include: “Dinner,” “Walk,” and “Home.”
13. They energize us with their unique personalities.
Have you ever not been amused by a hilarious frap session? That’s what we thought.
14. They teach us to appreciate the little things.
Food, water, shelter, and a little love is all you really need.
15. They give you a huge sense of accomplishment.
What’s more rewarding than successfully caring for another living being?
16. They change our outlook and perspective on life.
Ask any dog owner and they’ll likely tell you that owning a dog has changed who they are as a person and how they look at the world.
17. They help us achieve things we never thought we could.
Whether they’re a service dog helping you power through graduation, or your work out buddy accompanying you on longer and longer runs, they’re always there by your side. Best. Sidekick. Ever.
Feature image via @abracodecao/Instagram